I was hella sick at the beginning of this month. As I was recovering, I quickly realized I needed to do an underarm detox. This mask will basically deep clean your underarms and reduce armpit funk. This is basically the perfect product for those transitioning to natural deodorant because we all know that shit is hit or miss. So today I am going to teach you how to make your own armpit detox to help eliminate offensive armpit odor, reduce sweating and help your natural deodorant work better.
Why should you detox your armpits?
- Breast Cancer
Conventional deodorants contain toxic chemicals that can be absorbed and stored in fat cells in the armpits. While doctors can’t seem to find a direct link that these toxic chemicals in conventional deodorants are causing an increase in breast cancer there are studies that show there is an increase in breast cancer in the upper quadrant of the breast…exactly where conventional deodorant is applied. Don’t believe me, do your own research. And men can get breast cancer too.
2. Reduce Armpit Odor
If you have been experiencing extra stinky or sweaty armpits, this may be a sign you need a detox. Consider giving yourself one month of consistent armpit detox sessions. Especially if you tried natural deodorant in the past and it wasn’t giving what it was supposed to give. If you have been using conventional deodorant for years you may have a buildup of toxic chemicals that is causing your armpits to have strong odor. So before you throw away your natural deodorant try detoxing your armpits at least twice a week, for one month. This should detox your system allowing the natural deodorant to work so much better.
3 STEPS TO DETOX YOUR ARMPITS
STEP 1. WASH YOUR ARMPITS
First, you want to start off by washing your armpits. We want to remove any oil or dirt that has accumulated on your skin. Having a clean base to start with allows your skin to reap all of the benefits of doing an underarm detox.
STEP 2: PREPARE & APPLY THE CLAY MASK
Next, you will want to prepare your clay mask.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of your powdered clay mask in a mixing bowl.
- Slowly add the desired amount of water and lightly mix the clay mask.
- The clay/water mixture should be just thick enough to spread.
- Use a soft bristle brush, your fingertips, or a small spoon to combine.
- Apply the clay mask with a soft bristle brush or your fingertips.
- Make sure you are covering all of the skin on your armpits.
- You can also apply to vulva, booty, breasts and face.
How thick should the clay mask be?
The thickness of the clay mask is solely dependent on your personal preference. Some people prefer a thicker clay mask so they use less water. If you prefer your clay mask to be thinner, add more water. The thickness of the clay mask will determine the drying time in the next step.
You can apply the clay mask in a variety of different ways. If you have a brush, you can apply it with that, it makes the application process a little easier and goes on more smoothly. Or you can apply the clay mask with clean fingertips.
Can I still use it when I have hair on my armpits?
Yes. Just apply it right on top.STEP 3: ALLOW THE CLAY MASK TO DRY THEN RINSE IT OFF
Now, we wait for the detox magic!
- Once the clay mask is on your skin, let it dry, this will take roughly 12-15 minutes. As mentioned in step 2, the thickness of the clay mask will determine how long it will take for it to dry.
The thicker the clay mask, the longer it will take to dry.
- Once the mask has dried, you can use warm water to rinse it off, or you can take a warm, damp washcloth to help clean the clay mask off.
- I like to hop in a warm bath and let it soak off.
BONUS STEP: USE A PUSSY OIL
The easiest way to take your armpit routine to the next level is to apply one of our Pussy Oils after your clay mask treatment. You’ve just cleaned and detoxed your armpits making it the perfect time to apply natural oils, packed with essential vitamins designed to condition and protect intimate skin.
Our Pussy Oils can penetrate the skin better, giving you longer-lasting results after you detox your underarms. Learn more about our Pussy Oils and choose the best one for you.