So what is vaginal steaming, anyway?
The practice of vaginal steaming dates back thousands of years and it can be traced to almost every indigenous African, Asian, Mayan and Native American culture. These cultures used vaginal steaming as a gentle method of maintaining female reproductive health. Vaginal steaming is also a great pre or post period hygienic practice. Vaginal steaming is also known as yoni steaming, v-steams, chai-yok, bajos, and womb therapy.
How does it work?
Vaginal Steams naturally clean, rebalance, and lubricate the vagina by releasing old, built up blood and/or discharge from the uterine lining. The vaginal canal contains an abundant supply of blood vessels and mucus membranes and it is believed that herbal steam can be easily absorbed through the walls of the vagina. Because of this fact, doctors often prescribe vaginal suppositories to fight infections or balance hormones. While the warm herbal steam does not directly enter the womb, it does soften the tissues, relaxes the belly and the pelvic floor, and increases blood and lymph flow.
What's it like?
During the your vaginal steam, you are in an enclosed room, in a full length gown. You will sit on one of our custom, vaginal steam chairs that has a cushioned seat with an opening for the steam to do its magic. Each seat is sanitized before and after use and then covered in a freshly cleaned white towel.
There's a lot of benefits.
A consistent vaginal steam practice can lead to an easy and pain-free period, increased fertility, increased vaginal lubrication, and reducing other uterine abnormalities. Vaginal steaming is a wellness ritual that allows women to honor, reconnect, and take ownership of their reproductive system in a unique way. Vaginal Steams can be helpful for the following conditions:
- reduce pain and bloating from menstruation
- regulate menstruation cycles
- reduce uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, and endometriosis
- repairs vaginal tears, c-section scars, and episiotomies
- reproductive adhesion/scar tissue
- treats hemorrhoids
- dark purple/brown blood at the onset or end of menses
- enhance your sex life and boost fertility, especially when applied with Yogasm principles
- ease menopause symptoms of dryness or pain during intercourse
- eliminates cramping
- clears up bacteria or yeast infections
- draining painful cysts
- expelling fibroids
- resolving unexplained infertility
- postpartum recovery (i.e. getting the body back to pre-pregnancy state, weight loss, lochia elimination, correcting prolapse/hemorrhoids, etc)
- miscarriage recovery
- reduces heavy menstruation
- increases scanty menstruation
- returns missing periods
- regularizes long or short cycles to 28-30 days
- improves vaginal prolapse and tightens canal
- moisturizes vaginal dryness
- alleviates painful sex
- enhances libido
- resolves PCOS
- odor elimination
- general hygiene and well-being
In addition to the physical benefits of cleansing and release during the steam, many women may release deeply held feelings or emotions resulting in the start their own healing process from psychological trauma and repressed emotions. Steaming allows women to purify their core and release energy and emotions that no longer serve their womb spaces in a positive way. It allows women to forgive themselves and others for unpleasant incidents that have occurred over their lifetimes. It allows women to facilitate their own healing process from the inside out.
When are Yoni Steams not recommended?
- during menstrual cycles
- open wounds
- while pregnant
- genital piercings must be removed because the heat will cause the piercing to burn you
Can men steam too?
Yes! We encouraged men to steam as a way to relieve pain and inflammation. This ancient healing practice has been used for thousands of years and has extraordinary benefits for prostate therapy, erectile dysfunction, impotence, hemorrhoids, metabolism, immune system, bacterial infections, stress, and the respiratory system.